Simple Tips to Prepare Holiday Food For Your ChildrenTuesday, 19 June 2018
Holidays with the family will undoubtedly be filled with happy moments. There are a lot of preparations to be conducted when going on a vacation with the Little One, including preparing their meal menu. During the holiday, the nutritional intake of the Little One should still be fulfilled. Several things to note when preparing food for the Little One during vacations are:
- Travel distance If the journey takes a short time, parents can prepare vegetables and raw meat in the form of puree or small pieces that are frozen. Upon arrival at the destination, this can then be immediately stored in the refrigerator.
- Travel duration Parents can create and prepare a menu with an adequate quantity for 3 days. Following that, parents can search for fresh food substances in the nearest supermarket at the destination city.
- Place of stay It is recommended to select a place of stay that provides a refrigerator to store food substances. Parents can also bring a slow cooker or small electric pot.
- Determine the type of food and drinks
Selecting the type of food to be brought is a very important thing to plan. The options for the type of food to be brought when on holidays are:
- Main food
- Select food that are nutritious and are in accordance to the abilities of the Little One based on their age. For instance, options such as puree, crushed food, and soft minced meals are suitable for 6-9 months, and options such as soft food, rough minced, and finger food meals are suitable for 9-12 months.
- The food can be carried using a heat-resistant container or parents can bring frozen meals that have been prepared beforehand.
- Fresh fruits If parents do not have much time for preparation, fresh fruits can be an alternative as it can be obtained quickly and is easy to prepare. Parents can select bananas, orange juices, and avocados, which can be served in accordance to the abilities of the Little One.
- Snacks The selected snacks should be healthy, such as Milna Baby Biscuits, which contains complete nutrition and have a special shape that may stimulate dental development.
- Breast milk
- Formula milk If the Little One is consuming formula milk, this should be prepared by noting the hygiene. Ensure that all equipments are in a sterile condition at use.
- Main food
- Preparing eating utensils
- Place the meal in a safe container (made of stainless steel, or BPA free plastic container) that has been cleanly washed.
- Frozen food should be stored in a cooler box surrounded by blue ice.
- Warm food should be stored in a stainless steel container
- Remember to bring wet tissues, dry tissues, and hand sanitizers Clean your hands using a hand sanitizer or wet tissue, and then dry it using dry tissue before preparing a meal for the Little One to ensure that its hygiene is maintained.
- Have hot water available in a thermos A hot water thermos can have many benefits during a long journey. Parents can use this to warm frozen food, or as an additional component to prepare fruit puree or other meals.