What To Remember When Preparing Packed Meals for Your ChildSaturday, 9 June 2018
Who doesn’t like holidays? These moments are usually dedicated to improve the quality of family communication and also to refresh the mind. What about holidays with children? Certainly, parents will plan various things to ensure that the holiday proceeds smoothly, including preparing packed meals for the Little One throughout the journey. Parents should not panic regarding this. Preparing packed meals for the Little One during traveling is actually easy and can be conducted as simply as possible. The following are important things to note when preparing packed meals:
- Conduct research on the place of stay Ideally, parents should select a place of stay that provides a refrigerator so that food substances can be stored well. Do not forget to find out the location of the nearest supermarket. If the supermarket is fairly near to the place of stay, not a lot of food needs to be brought. Parents can purchase and process the food substances at the destination. Parents can also bring a slow cooker or a small electric pot.
- Prepare the food menu attentively By preparing a menu for the entire journey, parents can estimate the amount of food substances required. Ensure that other than being easily obtained, the food substances should also be able to fulfill the daily nutritional requirements of the Little One. Try to prepare the favourite menu of the Little One and avoid attempting new food substances when traveling to minimize risks.
- Purchase food at the destination Attempt to check at the destination city of the holiday regarding any services for children food supplies that can be ordered during the vacation. Simple, right?
- Bring practical food As an alternative, parents can also bring packaged complementary food. To reduce worry, packed complementary food is prepared based on specific conditions from the WHO involving standards for safety, cleanliness, and nutritional content in accordance to the requirements of the Little One. Select high quality packaged complementary food such as Milna Baby Porridge that contains a balanced nutritional composition to fulfill the requirements of the Little One. Milna Baby Porridge contains several varieties that can be provided so parents need not worry about the Little One being bored. Furthermore, they also do not contain any preservatives.
- Prepare nutritious and fresh snacks
- Ensure adequate water intake during the journey to avoid dehydration
- Avoid giving food in a moving vehicle
- Sliced fresh fruits or steamed vegetables
- Jelly or pudding
- Milna Baby Biscuits, which are rich in nutrition and can stimulate teeth growth. This snack can be provided by itself or crushed in warm water before serving.